Pages

Subscribe:

Foodista Ilongga

Thursday, June 7, 2012

‘Ung Sorbetes Talaga!’ @ UST #22

Who would pass a tour to the University of Santo Tomas? Anyway, I did not. My Sister was stuck at Cavite and I had the chance to meet one of the living legacies  right in front of the Main Building  (which everyone thinks is the University Church. Lol. Oops? ) Thank You, Ms. G. Anyway, the scorching heat of the summer sun did not do anything to my Grade 3 tonsils and I instantly said in my broken Tagalog, “Yung tatlong  flavors please.” – “Can I have please have the three assorted flavors please?”







Ms. G: “Pwede mo man na ma icecream sandwich.” -  “You can have that as an icecream sandwich.” I was like “Ohmehghaaad! Today is my lucky day.” I later learned that Manong Sorbeteros name is Mang Fidel is an icon that Thomasians seem never to get tired of and his cart is usually left at the sides by 6:00 PM  empty.



We all know that it is usually served as a snack but what is a sorbets really made of? It is made from coconut milk, unlike other ice creams that are made from cow's milk or any other animal milk. Filipinos usually turn whenever they hear a Sorbetero clanging his bell while peddling. I am so lucky and grateful that I had my first icecream sandwich (Php15) at the 400 year young, Universidad de Santo Tomas. Thank you, Ms. G. Ms. L, you owe me one. Childhood never ceases.





Comment on how you love our ‘Ung  Sorbetes Talaga!’ @ UST. xoxo, FI

No comments:

Post a Comment